Thursday, May 15, 2008

Daily Prophet, Issue 8

Ladies and Gents!!!
Do you want to know how long I stared at this page before I began to type anything? Twenty Minutes!!!! Isn't that ridiculous? Your headmistress is just a little tired and needs a nap LOL

Dueling Club
In order to hold this event I must have 6 people per bracket sign up. There will be a bracket for hat knitters and a bracket for sock knitters. As I said before, you do not have to be a fast knitter, but you should be able to finish a hat within 5 days and a pair socks in 1 1/2 to 2 weeks. That is the 'slowest' suggestion. When I knit for Yarn Smack Down the average knit time seemed to be about 3 days with the fastest knitters completing a hat in 6 to 7 hours. The fastest sock knitters can usually complete a pair of socks in about 2 days. But, completing a project a day or two before your dueling partner doesn't mean anything if your post office decides to mail your package out a day late. Sometimes the post office is the deciding factor. More than anything, this is just a fun project. Don't NOT join just because you think you are a slow knitter.
If you would like to join email me with this information:

Potter Name
Bracket: Hat or Sock

House Birthdays
Last term we listed birthdays in the sidebar. It was nice to be able to wish our house mates happy birthday on their special day, so we've decided to do it again. If you have a birthday during the swap please email Wisteria with your Potter name and birthday information. We will accept birthdays that occur even up to a week after the swap is over.

Hogwarts Faculty
I know that there are a few swap participants that have decided to return to Hogwarts, not as students, but as faculty. I read someone's blog who has decided to help Madam Pomfrey in the infirmary, but I can't remember who it was. In any case, if you are claiming to be part of the faculty we want to know who you are and how you are helping here at Hogwarts. Last term Miss Mandy and Millicient Brocklehurst were visiting professors. It always makes it kind of interesting to tie these characters into some of the story telling that is sure to come soon.

Beginning of Term Feast
I would like to have two feast sessions this term. I can only host the evening feast, but I would like someone else to host the day time feast, so that some of our international students may join. So, the below times are set for the feast, which will take place on Monday, May 19th.

Day Time Feast
10 a.m. PST
(10:00)
1 p.m. EST
(13:00)
6 p.m. U.K.
(18:00)

Evening Feast
6 p.m. PST (18:00)
9 p.m. EST
(21:00)
2 a.m. U.K. (02:00, May 20)

For other time zones I'm sure you should be able to figure out if any of these times are reasonable for you by going to THIS site.

Have a great weekend!!
I will be spending time with my family and might even get the chance to visit the local Renaissance Faire on Sunday!!

6 comments:

Wisteria Lovegood said...

Madam Headmistress, I am always available to host the daytime feast in your place.

Charlotte kaae said...

I dont understand the times... Could sombody help me with the scandinavian time (1 hour after the 12pm in london) An it would be nice if ti were in 1 -12 day time 12- 24 afternoon eavning... Im getting way to confused with the am pm thing... :)
Hugs Kaaelana Hufflepuff from Denmark

Charlotte kaae said...

Ups notist the UK time, now.. THANKS

Emma Wigworthy said...

Hi Jenean,
It is is little old me who has been employed by our illustrious Headmistressness to assist Madam Pomfrey on a 'casual' basis i.e. when she's away, and/or when the infirmary is very busy.
That combines well with being a housewitch, so I was very happy to accept.

Ingrid Ze Insightful said...

What is the anticipated start date of the Dueling Club? Thanks! (:
~Ingrid

Lizzie Wychwood said...

Dear Professor Wartwabble,
I would love to join the Hogwarts Faculty, as I am a most loyal alumni. I humbly offer myself to provide private tuition to students who are struggling with Arithmancy. My advanced skills in this area (I scored 100% in my NEWT) will hopefully make up for my lack of a formal teaching qualification.