Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Another Ravenclaw House Quiz
Please get their quills and parchment out. It's time for another House Quiz and another prize to an intelligent resourceful Ravenclaw. You may have to spend some long hours in the library doing some late night research.
Below are some quotes taken entirely from Order of the Phoenix. I would like you to identify who spoke each.
1. It's changing out there. Just like last time. There's a storm coming, Harry. And we all best be ready when she comes.
2. Dumbledore's Army was about doing something real. Or was that all just words to you?
3. Dementors in Little Winging? Whatever next? The whole world's going topsy-turvy.
4. The mind is not a book, to be opened at will and examined at leisure. Thoughts are not etched on the inside of skulls, to be perused by an invader. The mind is a complex and many-layered thing.
5. Face it, Petunia. Our boy has gone lumpy.
6. You're a fool, Harry Potter, and you will lose everything.
7. Practicing is good, but there's something else that's even more important: believing in yourself. Look at it this way: every wizard in history has started out as nothing more than we are now -- students. If they can do it, why not us?
8. I WILL have order!
9. When are you going to get it into your head? We're in this together.
10. When all this is over we'll be a proper family, you'll see.
11. That's right. Anyway, my mum always said things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end. If not always in the way we expect.
12. You may not like him, Minister, but you can't deny: Dumbledore's got style.
13. Who wants to watch me take off Snivelly's trousers?
14. One person can't feel all that, they'd explode!
15. They're very clean, these Muggles. It's unnatural.
16. How dare you speak his name! YOU FILTHY HALF BLOOD!
17. Just because you can use magic now does not mean you have to whip your wands out for everything.
18. Did you actually believe, or are you truly naive enough to think that children stood a chance against us? I'll make this simple, Potter. Give me the prophecy now, or watch your friends die.
19. You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.
20. Ah, I thought we might hit this little snag. You seem to be laboring under the delusion that I am going to -- what is the phrase? -- come quietly.
Good luck! You will have until midnight PST on Saturday to post your answers.