Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Socks, Snitches, My 2 Knuts

Emotions ran a little high this week. It happens with those of us who are passionate about what we do and Harry Potter fans are nothing if not passionate. But in it all, lets not forget that this is supposed to be fun and it is all a game. The friendships and sharing that happens here are much more important than any game or prize. Our greatest prize are the friends that we've made here. (That sounds so Dumbledore doesn't it?)

Anyways, this is my 2nd time with this swap and I'm having a great time with it. Jenean is a fantastic headmistress and swap organizer. She goes above and beyond to make it a fun experience for everyone. I honestly believe her choices are made with the best interest of all involved. Unfortunately you can't please 100% of the people 100% of the time. You just do the best you can.

Like I said, these swaps have been great experiences for me. It's gotten me passionate about sock knitting again. I've attempted making stitch markers. I've not only attempted hand-painted sock yarn, but I've opened an Etsy shop featuring my sock yarn. So now I am an indie yarn dyer. Who would have thought it? And right now, on my sock needles is the 2nd sock from the Hufflepuff yarn I got from swap 4 and I can't wait to finish them so I can wear them and post pics of them. Some HP fandom friends are getting married in September, I'll be wearing my Hufflepuff socks to the wedding!

Enough of my ramblings, I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who makes these swaps happen. And to everyone involved who shares our love of socks and Harry Potter. Dobby the house elf would be very proud of us all :-)

Vince aka Antonio dela Weasley

8 comments:

Emma Wigworthy said...

What sweet words! We love you Vince!

CentyB said...

Indeed, Antonio! Thanks for posting your thoughts!

Cassandra Puddlemere said...

:;hugs Antonio::

Gryffinitter said...

Very very well put!

Belladonna

Quinn said...

Agreed and well said.

Wisteria Lovegood said...

Hear, hear, Antonio! Wise words from a wise man. Thanks for taking the time to bring this game into perspective. It's time to heal.

Bella Shacklebolt said...

Thank you Vince! Well said and heartfelt!

Lizzie Wychwood said...

My thoughts precisely! Thankyou for saying it for me. This is my first ever swap, and I am loving it. I enjoy the house rivalry and Quidditch, but that is not the main purpose, making friends and sharing is what I love most.
Love,
Lizzie