Sunday, June 22, 2008

2nd Releasing of the Snitch

Because there are a few frustrated students there will be a second releasing of the snitch this Wednesday, June 25th, between the hours of 11 a.m. PST and 1 p.m. PST.

The way the snitch is released changes because I want everyone to be on an even playing ground, including those that have a better knowledge of how images are stored and posted. In the past I gave either a specific time or a window. This time I gave a specific time. I almost put up a post that said that the Snitch has been released, but honestly, if I had done that the Snitch probably would have been found before I even got done posting. The snitch, this time around was found within less than 1 minute from the time that I posted it.

So, for the next snitch we will go back to giving clues because everyone seems to like that. Here are the release times for Wednesday, June 25th:

11 a.m. - 1 p.m. PST

2 p.m. - 4 p.m. EST

7 p.m. - 9 p.m. London

Because there will be a clue you can expect the clue to be posted on this site in between those times.

Note: This 2nd releasing does not discount Sunday's release. Huffles will still retain the points earned today. Wednesdays release is just an attempt to give all houses a chance to search for the snitch under the same conditions as the first release. Consider the 2nd release of round two bonus points.

5 comments:

SinKnitty said...

Oh Dearest Headmistress I don't know about all the other people who played quiditch this morning however I personally (who incidentally was one of the people bitching and moaning after the match was over) do not think you should have a second snitch release just because some of us were a little upset. We were warned that the snitch hunt would not be the same and we were told what time it would happen. Selena of Hufflepuff won and that was that. So personally I'll wait until the next round of quiditch and brush up on my broom skills.

Cassandra Puddlemere said...

i agree with ophelia

Elanor said...

I agree, there should be no second release for the Snitch.

We, will all be on our best hunting next game.

Elanor C.

Quinn said...

I'm so confuuuuuuused!

Okay, that could be the 2am talking. I'm going to sleep now :(

Ferula Finnigan said...

I think this is sad. The snitch was released someone found it thats the game. re releasing makes this unfun. And a weekday in the middle of the morning to top it off. I think this might be my last hogworts swap.